Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 9/2

FFF


Friday’s Fave Five is a meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.  It’s a weekly wrap up when we take five highlights from the week and write about them.  I try to use this opportunity to focus on my gratitude list.  I always include something about my family, because they are my favorites always, not just on Fridays.  :)

These are my favorites this week:

1.  The winds and the rains came, as we knew they would.  All around us there was damage, and flooding, and power outages.  We didn't lose power, we didn't have any damage, we didn't have any flooding.  I know I asked all of my friends for prayer, but you definitely outdid yourselves!

I looked out of my windows and saw blackness all around and heard the generators for days.   Several streets in our neighborhood are still closed because they are impassable.  We were very blessed and lucky.

2.  In spite of their anxiety, (or maybe due to exhaustion from days of it?)  the boys fell asleep before the storm came.  They slept through the worst part of it.  By the time they woke up, it wasn't so bad.  It was concerning, but not terrifying by any means.  They coped amazingly well.

3.  Last week we met a family at the pool.  The boys get along wonderfully with them.  They have been looking forward to seeing the girls and their parents in the evenings, and are using fantastic social skills during their time together.

4.  I had a guest post published on another blog yesterday.  I was a little nervous because it covered parenting issues.  Not any of the explosive topics - but parenting posts can be divisive.  Mine was well received.  Whew.  It was fun!

5.  The weather kept my husband home an extra day this week, and now the Labor Day weekend is here.  I'm going to get spoiled having him around for so many long weekends!   He is a really great Dad, and the boys really look up to him.  At night, he reads to them before bed, and they have some funny/male bonding time, too.  This week, he did something that was so funny, I laughed until I cried.  It was priceless.  He's a good guy.

Have a wonderful week -
signature