Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 9/30

FFF

Happy Friday!  It’s time to link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five.

Here are my top five highlights from the past week.

1.  A 5 day mission with a visiting Redemptorist Priest.   He is extremely dynamic, and really enjoyable.  The five evenings spent delving into the Sacraments were worthwhile and enlightening.

2.  Boy Two asked to join me on the evening we discussed reconciliation, and both boys joined me last night for the closing mass.  It was quite something from a sensory perspective, including a fantastic storm outside.  Inside the organ played, the choir sang, there were 10 celebrants and a large congregation.  Outside, lightning flashed bright, lighting up the stained glass all around and the thunder rumbled -  the sermon was long, since it was also a detailed discussion of the Holy Eucharist.  They sat, they paid close attention, they sang the hymns, and they took part in the congregation's social afterward.  I was so proud of them!

3.  We had a family get together last Sunday with my mom and two of my siblings. (and a call from my other brother while we were together!)  It was fun.

4.  My niece (who is 16) has her first REAL art show at a REAL gallery, that has nothing to do with school or other people.  It's a showcase of her work.  Opening night was very well attended and she's sold several pieces.  She's good.  Really, really good.  I'm so proud of her.

5.  My husband had some big performances last week.  Here's a photo.  That cute young girl seriously shreds on the guitar, and that's my hubby playing bass.  I can only imagine how cool it must be to be up on the stage.  It looks fun, doesn't it?

Kristen Caplino Group

I wish you a wonderful week.
signature