Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Fave Five

FFF

Happy Friday!  It’s time to link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five.

I'll be honest, I have felt awful this week.  Just awful!  But that's okay, and I think that at times like these it's even more important to reflect on the simple blessings, and so here are a few of the things that made me smile.

1.  It makes me laugh when I think that if my FFF were all my boys would be judged on they would be in line for sainthood.  I should dedicate another day to list some of their more mischievous moments.  ;)   For now, just believe me, they aren't polishing their halos, but they ARE precious.  They did some things to help me out this week (without being asked) that just melted my heart.

2.  My mother will be home soon from a dream vacation.  She loves to travel, but also dislikes being away from home, so it's a tough combination.  Even so, she has been to Australia, France, England and many other fantastic places.  Somehow she never made it to Italy.  Well, now she has, and I'm so happy for her.  (and  teensy bit jealous, too!)

3.  Planning our own vacation.  I'm so excited that we'll be able to bring the boys to Florida and visit Universal Studios this year.

4.  I love having a fun secret, and this weekend, I have a special surprise for Boy One and Boy Two.

5.  Having a husband that my kids idolize.  It's so cute to see them try to dress, act, and talk like him.  I love that he reads to them, takes them out, and when he spends time with them, he has never once called it "babysitting".   (that drives me crazy when dads do that!)

Oh, and an extra!  I mentioned last week how much I love pumpkin spice - and I actually found pumpkin spice Hershey's kisses!  They aren't drop dead amazing, but they are pretty good.

I wish you a wonderful week full of blessings.
signature