Sunday, December 11, 2011

#Advent 2011 – It’s Already the Third Week!

advent-button-2011

This Advent Season, Two of my favorite bloggers, Trish and Laura have been hosting a weekly meme  with an Advent theme.  I was really excited about this one when I saw it, because I love the Advent Season so much!   Today, as I lit the pink candle, it almost surprised me!  We are beginning the THIRD week already!

I certainly haven’t forgotten Advent.  It would be impossible in my house!  I’ll show you why in this post.  The problem is, I have been so busy switching blog hosts, and preparing for Christmas in real life, that I haven’t had the time to write about it!

I don’t have an advent wreath. I use this candle holder.  It is shaped like a scroll and has the nativity scene on the base.

Advent

We also use this Advent storybook calendar which has twenty-five little booklets.  Each day, a small part of the Christmas story is read by one of the children, and then the book of the day is hung on the tree.

advent
Advent

The Children also have little paper pop up calendars.  Behind each door of the calendar is an Advent reflection.  Our daily devotional books also follow the Catholic readings for the season.

Advent

For fun, we have this hanging decoration.  Each day we move the marker one pocket closer to Christmas.   And the ones with Santa on the front hold chocolate treats behind each numbered door.

Advent
Advent

Finally, there is Kermit.  Kermit has been with me for a very long time!   We change his tiles every day so that his presents reflect the countdown to Christmas, too.

Advent

There is certainly no way anybody around here will forget that Christmas is coming!!

Prepare ye the way of the Lord!
signature